Sunday, February 18, 2007

Better Than Ice Cream

Sunday. Found the chapel. Sitting in the pew I looked over and saw Ethan Carrasco. Now Ethan was The First LDS baptism in Kirkuk, Iraq; I was there for it 2 years ago! You may recall he was baptized by a guy named Nephi. (Check the link at my old blog Ernest Goes to Iraq here: Curiosity Did It) Anyway, it was so awesome to see him at church and to see that he was “still my brother in the Lord!”

We did some catching up…he had since re-enlisted and was stationed to Hawaii. His first day at the singles ward there he met a beautiful girl...and soon married her. Then he was deployed to Iraq. On his next return home, they will be sealed for “Time and All Eternity” at the Hawaiian Temple. Me? I am.......…still a mechanic.

ANYWAY…I asked him how the Mormon thing was working for him and he said, “Great!’ Well, yeah! We sang some hymns together but I didn’t get a picture of us at this time because he had to leave early for duty or a mission. But it was so great to see him again and it brought me great joy, just like Alma in Alma 17:2 when he meets "his bretheren." Yes, a good Sabbath indeed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so cool! and, i found you a wife! :D she's kinda busy saving the world, but you two should definitely hook up! :)

5:49 PM PST  
Blogger Ernest said...

Whoa now! Hold yer horses on those wedding bells! However, I am always in the mood to meet quality people, especially if they are cute ;-) And thanks for your benevolent thoughts on my behalf.

8:30 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ernest,
Hi. I was in Iraq in 1991.
I can't let your mention of Ethan Carrasco being baptized by someone named Nephi go by without referring you to this illustration:
go to www.exceedinglycurious.com
and check out Feb 23, 2007 for
"Well, perhaps, not always"

I found your blog through PlanetLDS.

John

11:07 AM PST  
Blogger Ernest said...

Thanks! In all honesty, and as I explained in my original post in Ernest Goes to Iraq--brother Call, the baptizer, actually has the Middle name Nephi. I forgot his first name because I enjoyed and used his middle name. Nonetheless he did shepherd Nathan through his conversion as well as baptizing him.

And thanks for mentioning your blog--kinda fun and funny. Although I'm still considering that diagram...;-)

11:55 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home