Sunday, January 21, 2007

It Never Fails

When I travel, great things happen. And miracles are not uncommon. For example, when I arrived in Baghdad a day late, but none the less just in time---I made it right back out the SAME DAY. This has never happened to me there. And there were people that had been stuck there for several days. Some how I gut shuffled through and caught my plane in time to get back to America and promply get hired for the job I wanted...back in Iraq.

But like I said, great things happen when I travel. Here in Boca Raton, Florida I was taken to lunch by Mr. Alan Hawkshaw and his lovely wife along with some young single adults. I am not young, but they think I am.

Anyway, you may not recognize his name but you will recognize his work. He wrote songs for TV, movies, for Olivia Newton-John, Barbara Streisand, as well as performing in his own groups, the Checkmates and Emil Ford. Click on his name to see. Rumors have it he worked with the Beatles too, very cool.

Anyway, he and his wife joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and are now serving a mission in Florida. It was fun to meet the Hawkshaws and hear their wisdom delivered in both the wit and accent of the English. I suspect more interesting things will happen before I leave... Alan Hawkshaw right rear, myself right front, his wife left front. Sushi has already been eaten.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E., you're not joking...I'm going to sneak in your luggage and hope some of that luck rubs off on me!

8:11 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so excited you're back! okay, i'm so excited i looked up your blog again and you're heading back! good times. it's so great to read about your experiences. be safe out there!

12:44 PM PST  
Blogger Ernest said...

TBAS: all you got to do is make friends with the Maker of Miracles, if you know what I mean.

Kimbo: Thanks! Nice to hear from you!

12:52 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home