Sunday, January 14, 2007

Good-bye Dubai...etc


I had to book…in a Chinook, that is, a CH-47 dual-engine helicopter. Unfortunately it was at night this time and no exciting pics, darn again! A fast bird, it took about 20 minutes to fly to Baghdad, not very long at all. But fog kept us from flying for 24 hours before, and that was after a 4-hour wait! But getting out to go back to America still went unusually smooth.

That's right, I decided to part ways with my employer of about 2 years and join a company that I think will provide me with better opportunities and make better use of my particular skills. I hope to be coming back to Iraq within a few weeks but in the meantime I've decided to hang out at the beaches of Florida!

I visited Dubai again on the way out. Another sad thing is my getting a new company means I probably won't make it to Dubai again. I don't know why for sure, but I really like that place and I will miss it.

Above is a parting shot with my (ex)fellow employees. Good peeps.

I'll keep y'all posted as more details become available!

2 Comments:

Blogger --TBAS said...

duuuuude!!!....man, I really am bad about keeping in touch with people online. I slacked for a while and saw that you had left. Then you came back.


I slacked again and now you're gone again!!! You gotta drop me a line about who you're coming back with...getting about that time for me to scoot to another too. tbas [at] thebaghdadalcoholsponge.com

9:45 AM PST  
Blogger Mo said...

I JUST found you again today and you're already gone. Man, things change so fast in the blog world, I can't keep up. I think I'll go take a nap instead.....

11:17 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home