Sunday, December 31, 2006

I AM NOT KIDDING!

You may remember "Contractor Ron" from my previous blog "Ernest Goes to Iraq." He and are of the same religion and we shared what seems to be a prepetual "still single" status, as well as being somewhat "advanced" in years.

After Kirkuk, we went our seperate ways but both of us have found our way Back to Iraq (Hence, this blog) Anyway, here is a most amazing email from him:

I have been busy.

Not just the normal busy with flying and catching bad guy.... but something even more important.

It took 53+ years and nearly a worldwide search, and I have found her.

A few months ago, while on a desert patrol, my radiator had boiled over and I went looking for water We met at an oasis.... I needed her water, she wanted a ride... a fair trade.... took her back to her tribe .... the sheik, her father, threw a big feast..... ever eat goat?.... with the hide still on?.... not wanting to insult him (and starving from three days without food) I dove in.... this impressed him... he took me under his wing..... before I knew it (and aided by some fermented camel's milk), I was deep in negotiation for his daughter.... He initially wanted 10,000 camels with all their trappings, to include silver bells!.... in my mentally deficient state, I saw, in this, a challenge---and jumped at it..... using my Africa-developed skills, I enjoyed the moment and got him down to six --- and brass, not silver, bells..... to my great surprise, he struck the deal!...... wow! did my jaw drop!..... but a deal's a deal, and besides - his sword is sharp and his AK has plenty of bullets, soooo you all now have a new daughter/sister/aunt/friend. I am even considered throwing in an extra camel (without trappings) just to get things going on the right foot with the old sheik.


Can you believe that??? Neither can I!!! But Ron seems quite serious. And in respect to our friendship, I guess, he has informed me that his betrothed has a sister...

1 Comments:

Blogger SRA said...

Holy heck, dude...back in Iraq? Eeeek. Thanks for the note. You're a good soul. Be safe.

~~

6:56 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home