Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christians and Americans: My Fav

I was at the "Chaplain's Oasis" on Sunday and saw the tons of munchies, toilet articles, books, etc. that Americans send. Most often they come from Christian church congregations or groups. Love those Americans!

Now with Christmas approaching great numbers of stuffed stockings are showing up for these fighters along with packs and packs of cookies! And this is just the beginning of the season!

Another thing I am proud of is that America sends our best to protect those of any religion--many of our recent military and diplomatic efforts have been to protect Muslims like here in Iraq as well as Hindus and others elsewhere.

Lately I've read several books/stories of heroic Dutch in Holland during the Nazi invasion of WWII. Those great people, often great Christians, did their best to save their Jewish neighbors from the hateful invaders. Please, please read this most amazing story of Christian discipleship, a story about "Corrie Ten Boom" called "The Hiding Place." It also paints a clear picture of evil if left unchecked and puts this war in perspective. The true events recorded in it will change you.

3 Comments:

Blogger --TBAS said...

HA! I say again...HA!

I simply KNEW you'd be back bro!
BWHAHAHAH...too funny really. Down in Falluja this time, cool. I guess.

Well, welcome back! still in logcrap?....I 've been lazy about my lists so I didnt notice your return earlier.

1:40 PM PST  
Blogger --TBAS said...

hehe, i gotta say it again...I KNEW you'd be back. It's something about this place.

1:42 PM PST  
Blogger Ernest said...

More like it's something about my empty wallet! Ha! It's funny to hear from you--weren't you on your way out too? But yeah, I think I'll be here for a few years, it's a way of life...logcrap for now.

Take care and see you around,
Ernest

6:47 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home