Monday, October 16, 2006

Houston

The skies of San Diego wept as I left, but the rain soon followed me here to Houston as I prepare for Iraq. But the fun never stops. Waiting for an elevator with a potential future fellow-employee, I noticed him trying to push the elevator-lock control above our heads.

This does not call the elevator, although it kinda looks like a button. I refrained from smiling and pushed the "up" button that actually calls the elevator. If he makes it out of Texas, I secretly hope he is assigned to a different base...

Speaking of which, I have been assigned to Fallujah. I am excited to work at a place with significant history and with the Marines, even if the place has been relatively quiet since they cleaned it out.

But first I must endure endless paper-work, long seminars, lots of needles and pokings, and my familiar "colorful" friends. Did I mention we got 6 inches of rain last night and it is still pouring down? A total deluge! My skateboard is useless. In other news, I forgot to pack my digital camera. At least the food and lodging is freeā€¦and above is an old archive foto from my original Iraq blog: Ernest Goes to Iraq

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is TOOOO funny. At least we American have a sense of patriotism... But I seem to remember a Bright and future shining star who seemed to have left his passport and wallet on a plane that was headed back to Bagdad......I wonder who that may have been??????? LOL Nick

1:32 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home