Saturday, October 21, 2006

Anti-Terrorism: It's a gas!

We completed Anti-Terrorism Training this week and NBC (nuclear/biological/chemical) training, the one where you put on a gas-mask, a big yellow suit, and duct-tape each other. Among other things. I learned that when you get a hotel, especially in a foreign land, take the third floor, back side, by the fire escape. That way if a bomb goes off in the street, you are far away enough from the blast but not too far from where rescue ladders can get to you. (Stay below the 10th floor)

Speaking of deluxe accommodations, it’s been nice staying in a hotel room paid for by the company. Every day someone makes my bed, cleans my bathroom, vacuums my floor--the works, and I don‘t even see them! Including 3 full meals with all the cooking and cleaning done. It costs $8-$10,000 to process each potential employee for this week and may I say; I enjoyed it!

But, we’re just about done here in Houston, flying out about 24 hours from now. First off to Amsterdam and then parts unknown (to you). I even boxed up the skateboard and sent it back to San Diego. (sniff*sniff*)

The cool thing is that we are taught the soldiers Code of Conduct and told that we, as civilians serving the Client, which is the soldier, that we should try to follow their creed. I particularly note Section VI for you:

United States Military Code of Conduct:

Article VI
I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America
.

Yes, where the bullets hit the sand, political correctness stands down and true patriotism shines forth. I would just like to add…AMEN.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!

1:34 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home