Monday, October 30, 2006

Back in Iraq

Landing in Baghdad we were surprised to be greeted by heavy rain! And it continued on and off for several days. It is a month or two early for the rainy season but the mild weather here is always welcome, in fact, it was downright beautiful here in Iraq!

Yes, I finally made it back. It's good to be here and see what new experiences might be waiting. Already in camp Balad I understand they only hit the bunkers once or twice a month. When I arrived first two years ago, we would hit the bunkers 3 or 4 times a day! Quite a change.

In Fallujah I will be working with the Marines. I understand they are a slightly different breed...if internet is readily available, I'll let you know soon. But what I'm really excited about is, I get to travel via Blackhawk helicopter!!! That's a very cool First. Sadly, my digital camera still is not with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home