Friday, November 17, 2006

The Way Things Are

Oh man, just saw a TV show filmed in PB, (Pacific Beach) San Diego. Not 6 weeks ago I was there on my longboard watching the beach go by! Those were the good ole days, eh?

It's not all bad. My "room", a building, a hut, that I share with a bunch of other guys is right near a gym and internet cafe. And because of the near proximity of the chow-hall to my place of work, I am getting 3 square meals a day for the first time in my life. My last chance to get fat...

Today the CO (commanding officer) of our repair camp called us all together to both thank and admonish us on a few things. 65% of his Marines are new recruits, just kids, and he is grateful that contractors like us with experience and capabilities are here to, not only get his vehicles back on the road, but teach his soldiers how to weld, repair, replace, etc. They will take such skills and knowledge with them when they leave. That's cool.

I am starting to get the just of things here and although I was impatient at first looking for progress, it now seems things are starting to move into place. But my experiences here so far pale in comparison to my last experience in Iraq. So far. Remember to visit the archives at "Ernest Goes to Iraq" if I am boring you...otherwise, have a great day--

4 Comments:

Blogger Whacky Wheelers said...

Ernest!

I can't believe you are back in Iraq!! I checked up on you every now and then on your Maddog blog and was totally surprised to see you returned to Iraq!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

The Whacky Wheelers :)

7:51 PM PST  
Blogger Ernest said...

Hey, great to hear from you! Hope you had a great holiday and more to come...I'll be right here, in Iraq. Lotsa love,

Ernest

8:36 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ernie!!!!!
Where are you???? I am having slight withdrawls not hearing from you.... Hope all is ok and safe with you guys, Lord Bless, Nick

3:06 AM PST  
Blogger --TBAS said...

That's waay cool about you teaching the guys about metalworking--I have yet to see us working with the troops like that in my 2.5 years here.

Thats awsome and, well, now I'm jealous.

1:46 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home