Sunday, December 31, 2006

d d d d ddang!

Ouch! It's been cold, dropping into the 20s here at Camp Fallujah, I don't like it! The good news is, the flies seem not to like it either--hardly one to be found. And two months ago when I got here it was in the 90s and flies galore. Sheesh! This place can be so harsh.

Saddam has been executed. There was a small cheer but things were pretty much the same as usual around the base. Although I think his demise was anti-climatic in some ways--he has clearly been inert for a long time now--I have great admiration for the resolve and efficiency of the Iraqi court system! Can you imagine if Americas courts were so??? As usual, the popular media misses the real stories here.

If the rest of the new government here is as proficient as their courts, which they seem to be, the incredible speed of the country's progress here is no surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if the drop in oil prices lately has been related to the oil production coming out of Iraq. Now if I can just get a real heater for our garage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home