Thursday, February 01, 2007

Oesterreich und Deutschland

I spent a little time in Austria, which is more often mountainous, where Switzerland had more lakes and rolling meadows mixed in with the inspiring peaks. Unfortunately the light did not cooperate in Austria and I have no pictures, but it is much like Germany in speech, landscape, and style. At least in west Austria. The east of Austria bears more of the influence of the former communist block countries. All three are heavily German influenced, the people are outdoors a lot and generally slender, fashionable, and diligent.

On my return to Germany I stayed in a nice hotel in Aschau, just north of Austria. Not enough snow to ski anywhere so I visited a castle and took a walk through the valley. See pics:
View from my train window-above, and an old bridge in Aschau, below


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely :) I bet these people prefer cross-country. :D

7:33 PM PST  
Blogger Ernest said...

As I suspect is often the case...you are right! How did you know?

8:35 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home