Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm a Nerd

Oh how sweet it was to soak up the sun and gaze upon the blue ocean in Florida! For two weeks I relaxed, knowing the work ahead in Iraq. But there was a week before I report for training--after which we leave.

Sooooooooo…..I flipped a coin on Thursday: Bahamas or Germany. Ok, so I prayed a little too. But one day later I was crossing the Atlantic ocean once again. Now before you think I am some kind of rich playboy (the first part is not true) if I stay in America too long I lose some HUGE tax benefits. So…it pays to stay out when necessary.

So remember what I said about traveling? I got to the airport in Florida the plane was delayed due to weather in New Jersey! But Continental booked me immediately on an earlier delayed flight that was about to leave and I made my timely connection to Frankfurt.

Two days and I’ve already made some great new friends. One friend could very well be the future German James Bond. Chicks dig him, he cooks gourmet, and has a sleek Euro car (Volvo S60). He is about to get his Masters and may go on to Phd. But nice enough to volunteer me a tour of a castle in Heidelberg--see pic.

Anyway, so far, so good.

The future James Bond, ever conscious of his surroundings, checks over the Castle wall...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...soo, about that James Bond guy. What's his name? I wouldn't consider myself a chick, but you make me want to meet him!

Jules ~ :D

6:52 PM PST  
Blogger Ernest said...

His names is Bond, James Bond. C,mon you know if I told you I'd have to kill you...

8:09 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ernest...I'm visiting you again... :D Great picture! :) I do like the castle, but 'definitely' would NEVER stay there! hahaha...

1:11 AM PST  
Blogger Ernest said...

Welcome back! Check the next Castle, much more friendly. Of course, the French didn't blow the one in Aschau up like they did the one in Heidelberg...but I have a feeling you would really rather have visited the chocolate store instead...

7:11 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>chocolate
Yes! yes!... I mean, of course ;)
What beautiful pictures. I'll go look at the rest! :D

2:35 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home