Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Is This a Practical Joke?

Here at our great Armor Operation, I have worn many hats. I keep the computers and network up and running, track down special part-orders, and solve some on-the-spot hang-ups. This morning for example, I righted a porta-potty that had blown over last night. Yeah, nice, I know.

I hang armor and keep the MWR fridge stocked with cold water for the crew.

This morning I was mopping, no less, when our austere-seeming Site Lead popped in the door for a second. He is usually quick to point out what you can do better, but this morning he said to me, “I want you to know we really do appreciate the things and the work you do for us.”

I thought, “wow, he’s taken to sarcasm.” But he handed me this little medallion. Well, practically threw it at me and ran. But I think he was sincere. And if I don’t say so myself, I have tried to be a valuable asset to the program. After all, they do pay me well.

It says “In Recognition of Excellence” on it. Now I’ve learned from a Great Man of God that sometimes people will think evil of you, and sometimes they give you accolades, and to believe none of it! But sometimes it is nice to receive some recognition, especially if it is in the form of a nifty and memorable golden coin. Here it is for your perusal:

Front

Back

5 Comments:

Blogger Mxxxxxx said...

Hi Ernesto VII,
I am trying to e-mail you. What is your address? Remember Mr. Conti's class and Dr. Motillo's? I have fond recollections of you in sixth grade reading "The Hardy Boys," in Ms. Candace Martellas class. I hope you receive this blog. Maureen

4:18 PM PDT  
Blogger Whacky Wheelers said...

Ernest . . . you deserve this and more! (I hope there was a little extra green in the paycheck!) Thanks again for letting us see another side of the situation there. Loved you "Spiderman" YouTube video!

8:52 PM PDT  
Blogger Ernest said...

Thanks, Wheelers! Always good to hear from you. Glad you liked the video--I came down from the ceiling earlier than I had planned because that was the boss walking through at the end... ;-)

M.O.--great to hear from you too--please contact me via email by clicking on My Profile and then Contact Me. Thanks!

E

9:22 PM PDT  
Blogger Cameron said...

Congrats man. I don't ever want to see that medallion on ebay....

5:16 PM PDT  
Blogger Ernest said...

Naawww! It's a keeper. Mom is proud when she sees these things...

9:18 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home