Sunday, May 13, 2007

Rule Breaker

(remember, click to enlarge pictures)
No, I'm not talking about me this time. I guess there is some kind of rule over here that you shouldn’t fly the American Flag. It might offend someone? Already fulfilled is the scriptural reference to the last days which says “and they shall make a man an offender for a word.” And the flag stands for freedom, bravery, and sacrifice. Those are very offensive words now-a-days! Especially to Al-Qaeda.

Well, one thing to say for my company is that rule is proudly, eh, overlooked, if a rule it is. Up went the American Flag on a shiny pole. Flags are coming in from around the States saying they would be proud to have their flag hoisted over our command center.

So the flag is posted where it flitters fitfully in the dust-filled breeze, and I take a picture to be sent back with the flag.

It does my soul good to see Old Glory--guess I’m old fashioned. I remember being in Fallujah and bless those Marines, there were many flags flying there. I remember the British too proudly displayed their colors. And now I am proud to show our Blessed Banner flying here.




Your photographer never is in the group shots because he is the one shooting the shot. So here is his day:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Great story (^__^) I really adore the flag...

Nothing 'sissy' about it at all! And if anyone should know, it's YOU! :D

I bet the Iraqis are learning well from you guys to embrace their Freedom!

9:20 PM PDT  
Blogger Ernest said...

Thanks Barbie! I don't know if the Iraqis are learning so quickly, it may take a generation as it did for Germany and Japan. But the peace dividend is well worth the effort, as are the Iraqi people.

Thanks for the "freedom" link!
Ernest

10:58 PM PDT  
Blogger goddessdivine said...

I stumbled onto your blog through East of Eden. Nice blog. As one devout American to another, I just want to say thank you. Despite all the anti-war rhetoric, there are still people like myself who appreciate our military and those who are making a difference in the world.....not to mention keeping our country safe.

Perhaps I'll stop by again.....

7:30 AM PDT  
Blogger Ernest said...

Thanks, Ms Kristen, nice of you to stop by, please do so anytime. And welcome to the 30 and over singles club. We ain't so pretty but we have a good time ;-) (Just kidding about the ain't so pretty part). Hope your hand gets better and...can you believe the nice things East of Eden said about me? Me neither! Blog on,
Ernest

9:03 AM PDT  
Blogger goddessdivine said...

I'm putting a link to you on my blog......do you mind? You have a great blog and it's nice to read about Iraq from the inside (instead of the garbage the media spews out).

7:19 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home