Sunday, April 29, 2007

Gung Ho

My work described to you would probably sound of tedium and yawningness. So I share the words of yet another hero: Private First Class Ryan Ho. Young Ho heard stories of the first gulf war as a child and the recent one as a teenager. Looking for a direction, he signed up.
Ryan Ho

I knew we were in a time of war, I knew it’s not going to be easy,” said the Hawaiian native. “But I want to help people and I’m willing to make the sacrifice.” About his decision to go to Iraq he said:

I was worried, I was scared. My dad was also worried but he tried to hide it. My mom was freaking out.” Ho’s reasons for sticking to his decision were simple.

It’s risky, but it has to be done. And I’m here because I choose to be and because someone needs to step up and do something.” After a month in theater, Ho says, “I thought it would be a lot more crazy here. It’s a lot more under control than I thought.”

In his short time, his unit has run across a couple of roadside bombs and been under fire by a sniper. But he has no regrets.

I made the right decisions. I know some people say that joining the military would be crazy and that this war is stupid. But I know that I’m doing something that will have a positive influence on people.”

So this is Ernest signing off for another week, most likely. But thought I share this great American’s words.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

I've linked to your blog, if that's ok. I just found it and I like what I see.

Thanks

8:17 AM PDT  
Blogger Ernest said...

Thank you, that's very kind. You sound like a thinking man that is on top of things. Keep up the good work!

I have passed through and by Jerome, me thinks, on my way to Sun Valley and for a Bulldog Diesel event in Aberdeen, if my memory serves me correctly. Sorry about the recent spat of insane violence there! Blog on,

Ernest

8:54 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home